“Asematy” is an initiative launched under the patronage of her highness Shaikhah Fatima bint Mubarak; supreme chairperson of the Family Development Foundation and chairwoman of the UAE General Women's Union, by the Municipality of Abu Dhabi City as part of its efforts to maintain the health, safety and security of the community and the environment, as well as to improve the capital’s unique aesthetic appearance by keeping it clean and beautiful.
Asematy initiative objectives:
- Improve the city’s appearance
- Community engagement with the general public and private companies
- Raise public awareness of the risks these damages present and their negative impact on residential neighborhoods
- Create a healthy and clean environment
Definition of Damages:
Any act, action, or harm that deforms the city’s general appearance is considered damage, whether caused by natural factors or human behavior.
Types of Damages:
Random Planting: these pose a threat to the infrastructural foundation of buildings and roads, and form an environmental hazard leading to the spread of pests inside and around neighborhoods. Any plantation that was not made through the Municipality or that does not comply with urban planning. Systematic Planting: trimming of trees that leads to low visibility on the roads or block lights or paths.
Damage to asphalt, sidewalks, paint on curbstones and pedestrian crossings, traffic signals, road signs and street lamps.
Writing on walls, unlicensed caravans and structures, illegal use of outdoor spaces, and deteriorating buildings.
The Municipality will develop a tent to run a series of activities such as:
- Hosting government institutions and VIPs
- Conducting seminars
- Launching awareness campaigns
- Open forums, dialogue sessions and lectures
- Puppet show
Tent location at Al Muroor area