Functions of the Urban Planning Division:
- Preparation of future urban development growth trends of the City of Abu Dhabi and the areas of Abu Dhabi City Municipality.
- Follow up implementation of proposals and recommendations of the Master Plan for Abu Dhabi.
- Preparation of background documentation for Construction projects for the division, including tender for the planned development and modernization of new year.
- Preparation of detailed urban plans for each sub areas within the Municipal boundaries of the City of Abu Dhabi.
- Preparation of studies for selection of suitable sites for new Projects.
- Preparation of Approval of technical Consulting firms to be able to extract professional licence for these offices.
- Preparation, compilation, analysis and archiving of data and statistics to provide physical checks for those requesting both from within and outside the Sector.
- Participation in lectures, seminars and conferences related to urban planning.
- Consider and adopt approaches to residential land with different uses.
- Consideration and adoption of parking spaces for different uses of land.
- Study the number of parking spaces required for the territory of commercial and public facilities and implementation of technical designs for the same.
- Consider and adopt the outline of development and investment projects and ensure that they satisfy all the requirements of public utilities and infrastructure services as per regulations and procedures.
- Issuing clarifications and requirements of service providers on the land with different uses.
- Consider and adopt the general plan of roads, bridges and infrastructure services at its own.
- Study of land increases in various parts of the basin, consistent with segments and lines of existing services and adopted .
- Adoption of paths, segments and service lines to service providers and road projects.
- Preparation and compilation of laws and regulations on Urban Planning and building regulations and general appearance of the City of Abu Dhabi.
- Preparation of initial studies including economic, social, demographic, environmental and cultural activities.
- Study of physical phenomenon causing an impediment to the growth and development of City.
- Preparation of field studies of the problems experienced by the City and highlighting the same.